If you’re trying to set up a virtual Wi-Fi network and find that you have no internet access, don’t worry. This problem is common and can be easily fixed. In this article, we’ll guide you step by step on how to fix the virtwifi has no internet access error.
What is virtwifi?
Before we proceed with the solution, let’s briefly understand what virtwifi is. Virtwifi is a feature that enables you to create a virtual Wi-Fi hotspot using your computer’s wireless adapter. This feature is available on Windows 7 and above and can be accessed through the command prompt.
1: Check your Wi-Fi Adapter
Here are the steps to ensure that your Wi-Fi adapter is enabled and functioning correctly:
- Open the Device Manager by pressing the Windows key + X and selecting “Device Manager” from the list.
- Locate the “Network adapters” section and expand it.
- Find your Wi-Fi adapter in the list and right-click on it.
- Select “Enable device” from the context menu. If the option is not available, then your device is already enabled.
- If your device was disabled, right-click on it again and select “Update driver” from the context menu.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to update the driver.
- Restart your computer.
Once you have completed these steps, try setting up the virtual Wi-Fi network again and see if the virtwifi has no internet access error is fixed.
2: Check Your Internet Connection
Here are the steps to ensure that your internet connection is working correctly:
- Disconnect all devices connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Connect your computer to the Wi-Fi network.
- Open your web browser and try accessing a website.
If the website loads correctly, your internet connection is working correctly. If not, contact your internet service provider to resolve the issue.
3: Set Up the Virtual Wi-Fi Network
Here are the steps to set up the virtual Wi-Fi network:
- Open the command prompt as an administrator. You can do this by right-clicking on the Start menu and selecting “Command Prompt (Admin)”.
- Type the following command and press Enter: “netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=<network name> key=<password>”. Replace <network name> with the name you want to give your virtual network and <password> with the password you want to set.
- Next, start the hosted network by entering the following command and pressing Enter: “netsh wlan start hostednetwork”.
- Now, open the Control Panel and go to “Network and Sharing Center”.
- Click on “Change adapter settings”.
- Right-click on your internet connection and select “Properties”.
- Click on the “Sharing” tab and check the box next to “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection”.
- From the drop-down menu, select the virtual network that you just created and click OK.
- Finally, try connecting to the virtual Wi-Fi network from another device and see if you have internet access.
By following these steps, you should be able to set up a virtual Wi-Fi network with internet access using virtwifi.
4: Share Your Internet Connection
To fix the “virtwifi has no internet access” error and set up a virtual Wi-Fi network, the final step is to share your internet connection with the virtual Wi-Fi network. Here are the steps to follow:
- Press the Windows key + X and select Network Connections from the menu.
- Right-click on your internet connection and select Properties.
- Click on the Sharing tab and check the box next to “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection.”
- Select the virtual Wi-Fi network from the drop-down menu and click OK.
By completing these steps, you should now be able to access the internet through the virtual Wi-Fi network. Congratulations on successfully setting up a virtual Wi-Fi network!
In conclusion, Creating a virtual Wi-Fi network using virtwifi can be helpful in many situations, such as when you want to share your internet connection with other devices or when you’re in a location where Wi-Fi is not available. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can easily fix the virtwifi has no internet access error and set up a virtual Wi-Fi network. This feature can be particularly useful for those who need to create a wireless network on the go or in places where a traditional Wi-Fi network is not available.